One of the best places to see Ruskin Ceramics is in the small UK town of Wednesbury, in the town’s museum and art gallery. The 19th century purpose built building is located just a few miles from where the Ruskin factory thrived during the early 20th century. Apart from the ceramics, the museum also has paintings by a local artist, Joseph Gibbs and a collection of Victorian games and toys. Ruskin pottery was notable for its innovative use of different glazes, which gave the finished pieces different finishes and effects. In 1904 the ceramics studio won a major award at the St. Louis International Exhibition, followed by several other awards during the next few years. It helped to ensure the studio received the recognition needed to boost sales and ensure its strong reputation. A visit to the Wednesbury Museum is a must for anyone interested in 20th century ceramics.
- Enjoy Shrimp Chow Mein October 13, 2020
- How To Find A Stripper For An Event October 8, 2020
- Jojoba Oil Soothes The Skin October 7, 2020
- Learn To Dive With A Bali Dive Shop October 5, 2020
- Easy Loans NZ – Best Features Guidelines October 4, 2020
- How to Improve the Value of Your Home October 3, 2020
- Get A Bustier Bodysuit Using These Tips September 29, 2020