Malware (malicious software) are programs that can be inserted onto your computer without your knowledge that can harm your device. Malware problems include showing unwanted advertising, stealing personal information such as passwords and bank account details and using your computer for illegal or unwanted activities such being part of a botnet.
Malware comes in various forms including trojans, viruses, ransomware and spyware among others. Malware can cause havoc in a computer system. It can delete programs and files, make systems inoperable, slow down their operation, encrypt files for ransom or simply steal information and spy on a person’s activities.
Information theft is one of the most serious and costly consequences of some types of malware, including when spyware and trojans are installed on a device. When this occurs hackers can gather personal and company information to sell to third-parties which can be used for criminal purposes such as identity theft.
- Robotics Camp: 3 Things You Should Know July 27, 2021
- 3 Things You Might Not Know About Heart Contacts July 23, 2021
- Benefits Of A Fredericksburg Heating And Air Service July 21, 2021
- The Benefits Of ETO Lighting Rebates July 15, 2021
- Social Work And Health Care Services Available To Female Veterans July 10, 2021
- Using The Westinghouse Lights July 10, 2021
- Information About Food Box Services July 10, 2021